Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer - a final Christmas card

Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

I have decided to post one last Christmas card whilst it is still technically Christmas season.




The image was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils and a paintbrush.  I stamped some snowflakes which are from the same Reindeer set around the image with Versacolor Polar Blue pigment ink and added silver rhinestones to the centres.

Here is a close-up of the reindeer - isn't he adorable? 


The side panel was embossed with a Basic Grey/Sizzix Snowflakes #8 embossing folder and my Big Shot.  I added the organza ribbon in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.

I added some Kaisercraft Crystal Sparklets to the bottom RHS.  LOVE this new Sparklet range by Kaisercraft!  Here is a wee close-up - I tried to capture some of the sparkle from the sunlight (I always take my photos outside).  They look just like diamonds!!



Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenges -

Crimbo Challenges - Challenge 5 - Snowflakes - this is a Christmas Challenge website and your entry must be festive and Christmas-related.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Jocelyn

Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer clear set

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versacolor Polar Blue pigment

Designer Paper:  Echo Park - Wintertime

Accessories:  Big Shot, Basic Grey/Sizzix Snowflakes #8 embossing folder - #657251, light blue dotted organza ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft silver rhinestones, Kaisercraft Sparklets RS408 Crystal, 140lb watercolour paper, Faber-Castell + Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, small round #2 paintbrush, Spellbinder Circle + Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, cardstock:  burgundy, ice blue

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL....and so cute at the same time. Love that precious image and everything about this wonderful card.
Lynn

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jocelyn :-) the image is adorable ,,, sooo cute and the paper and sparklets are fab :-)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Marion said...

Aww this is super cute Jocelyn. I just love this little guy - and you have coloured him to perfection! Great card.

Michelle said...

This is adorable, Jocelyn -- I love reindeer & I love red & blue together. I hope you have a fantastic New Year!!

Anonymous said...

oh, he is cute in that snowflake sweater. lovely colours and colouring. happy new year!
linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...