Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hero Arts Framed Snowflakes - the blue version


Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

This will be my last post before Christmas.  I do have some other Christmas cards that I haven't posted on my blog yet but I am not sure whether I will - I'll have to think about it.....

I made another Christmas card using Stamp and Bond powder and glitter - such a fun technique even if it is rather messy (or maybe it's just me who is messy LOL!!)   If you want to see my first card using this particular technique, click on THIS LINK and you will see my purple version.  There is also a video tutorial by Kristina Werner on how to use Stamp and Bond powder at the link.



So onto how it's done: I lined up the 3 individual Hero Arts Snowflakes (note: comes as a set of 4) on my acrylic block, inked them with Versacolor Sky Blue pigment ink (you have to use a slow-drying ink for the Stamp and Bond powder to work - and you really want a juicy ink pad - not one that is getting a bit dry as the technique doesn't work as well), poured on the Stamp and Bond powder and removed the excess from around the images, then heated it with a heat gun until the powder melted which takes very little time. As soon as it was melted, I poured on fine Ice Crystal glitter and of course, shook off the excess and used a small paintbrush to remove any surplus glitter from around the card.   It is helpful to have everything ready at hand - any delay might mean it doesn't work.

Next, I inked up the sentiment with the same colour ink, poured on clear embossing powder and heat-set it.   I have no idea who made the sentiment - it is wood-mounted but there is no name or number on it.  I suspect I bought it in a sale box at Riot Art and Craft.

I corner-punched this panel then added some Kaisercraft blue rhinestones underneath the sentiment and on the snowflake centres.  Here is a wee close-up - isn't it just so sparkly?!!



The white card base was embossed with my Big Shot and the Snowflakes embossing folder from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set then I corner punched the bottom corners.  I tied on the gingham ribbon and popped a scrap piece of white organza ribbon through the knot and popped the main panel up on dimensionals.  Finished card size is 5" x 5".

Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenges -

Simon Says Challenge - Let's Play Bingo - where you have to make an item using 3 items in a row from the choices available like tic, tac, toe.  I chose the 3 items from the 1st line across: ribbon/twine, gems and glitter/sparkle

Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge #23 - Anything goes

Lastly, I wanted to wish all of you a very happy Christmas and may all your dreams come true in 2012.  Thank you for all your comments, support and encouragement - I really appreciate them.  I am acutely aware that for some of you, Christmas can be a very difficult time and if you have lost someone you love, your grief is intensified and my heart goes out to you.

Thanks so much for stopping by and looking forward to catching up with you again soon!  My extended family and friends have a lot of birthdays coming up starting from the 1st week in January so I will be very busy making birthday cards - although I need to clean up my Craft Room first - it's a disaster in there at the moment LOL!!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Hero Arts Four Framed Snowflakes cling rubber, Sentiment - unknown

Ink: Versacolor Sky Blue pigment

Accessories: Acrylic block, Big Shot, Snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, heat-gun, clear embossing powder, Stampendous Stamp and Bond embossing powder aka Heat-and-Stick in other brands, fine .008 Ice Crystal glitter, small round paintbrush, dimensionals, blue gingham ribbon, white organza ribbon, Kaisercraft blue rhinestones, cardstock: white

Punches: Stampin' Up corner

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful CAS card. i love the blue and white and the sparkle. happy holidays,
linda

jimlynn said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the beauty and shine of this. SO pretty.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Jocelyn, I love the snowflakes and that gorgeous sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and playing BINGO with us :)
hugs Mandy xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just love this Jo-bear was over here before but not time to comment - and must one day have go at it - love Shaz.xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jocelyn this sparkly design is stunning. You always have terrific ideas! Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...