Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stampendous Bear Safety Pin - a new baby girl card!

Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

One of our neighbours had a baby girl and this is the card that I made for the occasion:



I used my Prismacolor + Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Odourless Mineral Spirits and paper stumps to colour the cute little teddy bear nappy pin image which took oh, all of 5 minutes!   I used my pearlescent chalks to add blue, pink and lemon around the image which added a lovely, sparkly yet subtle sheen - alas, very difficult to pick up with the camera but I hope you can see a little bit of soft colouring - it looks so pretty IRL.   

The sentiment is by Stampin' Up from their Nursery Necessities set.  I added a line of Basic Grey pink rhinestones underneath and used my Arrows Border punch to punch the tiny little pink hearts around the image (the leftover punchies from using the punch look like tiny hearts).  I added some pink Kindyglitz to the bear's cheeks, the pin itself and the tiny pink hearts.  Here is a close-up of that cute little bear:



The gorgeous embossing folder I used on the white cardstock is by K Kingdom called 'Flowers and Dots' which originally came from Fat Cat's Card Corner in Australia but is no longer on their website.  I did a bit of a search on the web, but couldn't find it anywhere.  Maybe it has been discontinued? 

And here is a pic of the card inside which is the same layout as the card-front except that I reversed the colours:



I used the same embossing folder for the pink cardstock and the sentiment is from the same Stampin' Up Nursery Necessities set - there are lots of fantastic sentiments in this set.  I added a Basic Grey pink rhinestone at each end.

Lastly, I added the white dotted pink organza scalloped ribbon (LOVE this ribbon!!), sewed on a pink button and added some Fray Stop to the ribbon ends, then glued on the pink organza flowers which I have had in my stash forever!  They came with the white pearl already sewed on in the centre.

And here is a pic of the gift that will be accompanying my card.  More teddy bears of course......sorry it's such a lousy photo.  I took it really early in the morning and the light wasn't very good at the time.  Just LOVE that cute teddy bear bib and the teddy rattle.  The gift bag was bought as I have no idea how to make such a large bag!



I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday - F4A100 - Have a heart or two - where you project must have at least 2 hearts.  I have 6 hearts around my image.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Simon Says 'Anything goes'

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Stampendous B061 Safety Pin (wood mount), Sentiments from Stampin' Up! Nursery Necessities

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black

Accessories:  Big Shot, Spellbinder Circle + Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, K Kingdom Flowers and Dots KEM117 embossing folder (retired?), Prismacolor + Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Odourless Mineral Spirits (OMS), paper stumps, organza ribbon, fray stop, pink flower button (Spotlight), pink sewing thread, pink organza flowers, Basic Grey pink rhinestones, pink Kindyglitz glitter glue, I-Kan-dee pearlescent chalk, cardstock:  KW Doggett 'Knight' white, pink

Punches:  EK Success Arrows border (tiny pink hearts), Stampin' Up! corner

12 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

ah Jobear do so love this baby card - they are so much fun to make aren't they baby cards - great work and great pressie! love Shaz in oz.x

Jackie said...

Wonderful card and gifts, it is all so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Dear kind Jobear, just about to leave your lovely blog when I saw my candy on your sidebar up there so nice of you - thanks so much and hope you win, love Shaz.xx (but cant rig it sadly will have to be fair dinkum!)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice! This baby girl is going to be greeted with all the sweetness you put into your card and gift!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love how you decorated the inside as well.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, girl, that is soooooooo cute! Love the white/pink combo...so soft and dreamy. Beautifully done inside and out!

Merry said...

Such a sweet card. You make that little safety pin image look so wonderful on that circle topper.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, jocelyn! so soft and feminine; i love the lace and tiny hearts and how you did the inside. the forever friends bear bag matches teddies nicely.

Sudha said...

Wow such a pretty creation. Love the pink, love the clean look of ur creation. Everything is just so perfect.Beautiful.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Sharron Lynne said...

A very lucky little girl to have such a great card and gift.Love the pink and white together, so crisp but soft at the same time.

Anonymous said...

So GORGEOUS!!! Love it!
xx

cparsons said...

I love this card! The embossing on white cardstock looks so elegant!
Carole
http://scmagnolia.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...