Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Boofle - an engagement card


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

My nephew recently became engaged and this is the card I made for him and his fiancee.  I must admit that this card really had me out of my comfort zone so it took alot longer than usual but I was lucky enough to have some "me time" at home - all by myself - which doesn't happen all that often with the constant care of my loved one.  I don't know why it really took so long to make my card as in the end it looks like a very simple design - but I always approach a different style with some trepidation - yep, I am a chicken and a bit of a one-trick pony and really just plonk the image in the middle or use similar layouts - but every so often, I get the urge to try something new.

I really love the Docrafts range of Boofle images.  There is just something so adorable about him.  He seems to have taken the world by storm as I see the knitted toys, cards, wrapping paper, mugs etc. everywhere and I was so pleased when Docrafts brought out their range of Boofle images for cardmaking which somehow seemed to fall into my shopping basket at The Glitter Pot (UK)....happy sigh.....

 
Boofle was handcut from the Docrafts Designer Decoupage Sheet which has around 24 different designs - great value for money.  I popped all the layers up with dimensionals.
 
Both the cream and pink designer papers are from one of my favourite ranges - Basic Grey Kissing Booth.  I ran the cream paper through my Big Shot using the embossing folder from Cuttlebug's Love Language combo set twice because the paper was too wide for the embossing folder (fortunately this was one of the folders that I could match up the design) - and the pink paper using the Jamara embossing folder (which is a large 5" x 7" folder) then sanded it lightly to add a few highlights.   I love the texture that the Jamara folder added to the card.  I added a strip of cream satin ribbon underneath then attached this to my Kraft cardstock base.  All the corners were punched with a Stampin' Up corner punch.
 
I stamped the sentiment onto the same cream designer paper using Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink - my new favourite brand of ink because the colours stamp brilliantly and give great coverage.  I added some Lippy Red rhinestones around the scalloped circle edge which was also diecut from the pink designer paper.  The sentiment panel is up on dimensionals.
 
Lastly, I tied some pink twine through a wooden button, added Fray Stop to the ends to stop the twine from unravelling, then glued the button on.
 
I think this card could double as a Valentine's Day card or for a Wedding Anniversary.
 
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
 
Incy Wincy Designs - add texture
My Time to Craft Challenge #208 - Decoupage
Simon Says Stamp - Have a Heart 
Splitcoaststampers - TLC416 - Dry embossing and sanding on patterned paper
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a fab Valentine's Day this week!
 
Jocelyn
 
 
Card Recipe:
 
Stamps:  Sentiment by Stamp-It Australia - siset014 foam-mounted sentiment set
 
Ink:  Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
 
Designer paper:  Basic Grey - Kissing Booth
 
Accessories:  Boofle by Docrafts - Decoupage Sheet with 24 designs, dimensionals, May Arts pink button twine, Fray Stop, wooden button from stash, Spellbinder Circle + Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Love Language embossing folder, Cuttlebug Jamara 5" x 7" embossing folder, Kaisercraft Rhinestones RS405 Lippy Red, cream satin ribbon 1 inch/25mm wide, Kraft cardstock
 
Punches:  Stampin' Up corner
 
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Super card, gorgeous image and papers and love the embossed hearts, mary x

Heather said...

What an adorable card, your colours and embossing are fabulous - what an adorable fun image - just gorgeous with his heart!!!

Thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Jocelyn!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Too cute! Love the embossed heart in the background and your image is adorable! Thanks for sharing and participating in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Aww, so beautiful Jocelyn and absolutely perfect for an engagement card.

Your comment about plonking things in the middle made me chuckle as I am exactly the same!
xx

Judith said...

This is just gorgeous - love those DPs thanks for playing along at MTTC this week hugs judith x

Ann said...

Such an adorable image! Love that big heaart! Thanks for joning us at My Time To Craft!

dragonllew said...

Great card so cute love the embossed background thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Adorable indeed, Jobear - love the extra textures... so delightful... and have both of them but have not used them for ages.. must do so!! love Shaz in Oz.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...